I’ve really enjoyed being back in the states this time… I’ll put up a more detailed list of what we’ve been doing when we get home (3 days!) but until then…
Things I’ve Enjoyed Most –
– Getting my new oboe… it’s a YOB441, and it’s absolutely amazing – resonite upper joint, wooden lower joint and bell. All of the keys work really well, and it plays… well, it plays better than anything I’ve really played oboe on before.
– “Running wild,” with Megan and Chris in Maryland, out in their woods.
– Bright yellow nail polish we got at Icing. I’m wearing it right now… it really helps break some bad habits.
– Drinking apple cider. I love apple cider, but I was afraid it would upset my stomach like apple juice. Thankfully, it doesn’t.
– Walking around Williamsburg with my cloak and fuzzy orange hat on… and getting strange looks, but who cares.
– Seeing the old supreme court floor at the Capitol building.
– Having a sleepover with Alice – a walk in a lovely morning, Horatio Hornblower, and chocolate chip pancakes.
– Expedition Everest and meeting Minnie Mouse in Disney World.
– Playing basketball, jumping on the trampoline, cubing, and archery with Joseph
– Walking back from the bamboo forest with Kevin
– doing the “Hungarian Cinderella” with Zach, Joseph, Nate, Candace, and Cait.
– Getting some lovely new flats. I love wearing flats… I also got some nice new skirts.
– Writing for Nanowrimo! This has been the most fun year of that so far.
… and I’m sure there’s much, much more I’m forgetting… but I have some more detailed stuff coming up later, as I already said.
Nanowrimo word count: 18,139… not as fast moving as last year, but I’m over a day ahead of schedule. 🙂 I’ve had 2 cups of tea while writing – ginger tea, which is amazing.
And no procrastinating or getting distracted yet. Ha. Take that. In fact, I wrote 2,000 words in 45 minutes today. I think that’s a record for me.
Well, I’ll see you from the other side of the globe in a few days.
A jet-lagged, hitting the ground running into school, music, and Oasis Ky, but a happy to be home Ky nonetheless.
I am not looking forward to jumping ahead 10 hours. That is never, ever, ever fun. Ever.