I keep a “sticky note” on my computer’s sticky note program with various favorite words and reminders that I read over every so often or keep there to catch my eye, in addition to various quotes and verses we keep on the wall (mostly things I have handlettered or that have been handlettered by our friends at Hand Lettering Co). As I don’t have much time for blogging at the moment I wanted to share them now!
-Whether life or death be mine, may Christ be magnified in me.
-the world will benefit more from my children than it will from my books
-motherhood is a privilege
-Conquer here and nothing can harm you for a million ages.
-No wisdom, no understanding, no counsel can avail against the LORD
-Do not rush. Trust. And keep a quiet heart.
-communication is a 2-way street. cultivate.
answer “how are you” more deeply
-What’s the need of the person near me?
-in our weakness, He is there.
-strife = someone (me) needs to die.
– my life for yours
-if the way forward is unfathomable, look at His past faithfulness
-Let us consider how to stir one another up to love and good works
– live generously
-1 Sam 14:6. The LORD is not restrained to save by many or by few
And on the walls:
– Whatever may pass and whatever lies before me, let me be singing when the evening comes
– Look to Jesus (Hebrews 12:2)
– Conquer here and nothing can harm you for a million ages – John Piper
– Wherever you are, be all there – Jim Elliot
– Deeds will not be less valiant because they are unpraised – Tolkien
– I’m not afraid of failure, I’m afraid of succeeding at things that don’t matter – William Carey
– There are far better things ahead than what we leave behind – Lewis
– Worry is not believing God will get it right, and bitterness is believing God got it wrong. – Keller
– Thou madest us for Thyself, and our hearts are restless, until it rest in Thee – Augustine
– Faith is a refusal to panic – Martyn Lloyd Jones